Monday, September 8, 2014

What is Simple Abundant Living?

Frugal Schnoodle with the SAL inspiration pillow.


Simple Abundant Living (SAL) is all about trying to live in harmony with the values of:


Non-Consumerism
Financial Independence
Simplicity/Organization
Green Living
Family/Kids
Health

This blog is my journal as I aspire to be on the journey of SAL.  So who am I?  I am a mostly stay-at-home-mom.  I live in a very Happy Valley with Mr. D, six kids, and our frugal schnoodle.  I'm a backyard organic gardener, a budding food preserver, a home and clothing DIY-er, a frugal bargain and thrift store shopper, and a green juice maker.   I work part-time as a healthcare professional.  I am committed to health and proper health care, although exercising regularly and eating healthy is a work in progress.  ;)  


This blog will also be committed to the idea of FIRE, or the Financial Independent Retire Early school of thought.  I was first introduced to this concept by a blog called MrMoneyMustache.com, and I recommend you spend some time on his blog if you've never been there before.  I am not personally interested in retiring early, but I am interested in having the kind of financial independence that would allow Mr. D and I the option of not working for money.  If you're looking for a blog where the writer has it all figured out, this is not the place!  But if you're willing to follow and help me on the journey, please read on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment